Evidence-Based Teaching & Learning
Online registration and more information will be coming soon. You canus if you would like to be notified when registration is open or you would like more info.
Any seasoned nurse educator will tell you that nursing education is a calling. It requires a foundation of evidence-based teaching strategies, a little creativity, and a commitment to excellence in order to be most successful. During the seventh Nuts & Bolts for Nurse Educators Conference, you will not only hear strategies from some of the top nursing educators in the country, but you will work alongside them to improve your classroom, clinical, and lab learning environments. This year's focus on evidenced-based teaching will help with every course in the curriculum. Hands-on activities help you master practical strategies for teaching and learning in fundamentals, maternal-child, medical-surgical, health assessment, and much more. Free Wi-Fi will be available.
» Conceptual Learning
» Active Learning
» Student Success: A Culture of Retention
» Teaching for Learning
This conference is designed for clinical instructors, nurse educators and administrators in PN/VN, ADN, diploma, and BSN programs. Because of the active learning focus, other health care educators will benefit as well.
Overall Conference Objectives
- Develop evidence-based connections between clinical, simulation, and classroom learning.
- Create classroom and clinical learning activities that promote clinical reasoning.
- Develop evidence-based learning experiences based on the NCLEX® client needs.
- Identify assessment strategies that provide valid, reliable data for program development.
- Identify factors that create barriers to student success in the classroom and on NCLEX®.
- Analyze evidence-based tools for developing a culture of student success.
- Describe proven strategies to support faculty and curricular success.
- Manage educator workload to enhance performance.
Nursing Contact Hours
Up to 23.5 hours of nursing continuing education will be awarded upon completion of CE criteria.
August 6-9, 2014
Online registration and more information will be coming soon. You can us if you would like to be notified when registration is open or you would like more info.
- Request Info