Faculty and Curriculum
Assessment & Exams
Lab & Clinical Education
...for individuals$349 for individuals
...for departmentsAll full-time, part-time, adjunct, and preceptors
Writing a Winning Self-Study
featuring Amy Hall, PhD, RN, CNE and Sandra Peterson, PhD, RN
- Provide an overview of the various accrediting agencies that are involved in determining the accreditation status of nursing programs.
- Identify strategies found useful in developing and implementing a systematic plan for program evaluation.
- Identify approaches useful in completing a successful self-study report.
- Develop program-specific approaches based on best-practices for creating and implementing a systematic plan of program evaluation and completing a self-study report.
Amy Hall, PhD, RN, CNE
Amy Hall, RN, PhD, CNE has been a nursing educator for 20 years. She is a co-author of Fundamentals of Nursing and has expertise in curricular design and evaluation. Amy is the White Family Endowed Professor and Chair at the University of Evansville in Evansville, Indiana. She is currently leading the nursing faculty through curricular revision, which includes implementing a more conceptual approach in the baccalaureate nursing program. Amy also frequently teaches study abroad courses in England and China and serves as a research consultant for a local hospital where she helps nurses implement evidence-based practice changes.
[Amy's other events]
Sandra Peterson, PhD, RN
Sandra Peterson, PhD, RN has been involved in nursing education for over 40 years. She has taught in associate, pre-licensure baccalaureate, and graduate degree programs. During the last eleven years in academia, she served as the chief nurse administrator of the nursing programs offered at Bethel University, St. Paul, Minnesota. In her many years as a nurse educator, she was involved in the development of multiple self-study reports and accreditation site evaluation visits, first with the accrediting agency of the National League for Nursing and later with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). She has also had the opportunity to serve as an external accreditor of the nursing program at Nizwa University, Sultanate of Oman and as a consultant to nursing programs seeking accreditation through CCNE. Her publications include a book chapter and guest editorial in Journal of Nursing Education, both on service learning in nursing and she is co-editor/author of Peterson and Bredow’s 4th edition of Middle-Range Theories: Application to Nursing Research and Practice.
[Sandra's other events]
FREE for subscription members or$99.00 per login or
$159.00 departmental login
$10.00* Get contact hours free!
Contact hours are free with all new and renewing subscribers. NurseTim, Inc. offers an annual subscription service to groups and individuals. This service gives subscribers unlimited access to all our live and archived webinars. per CE certificate
- Attend the entire activity.
- Submit a completed evaluation tool.
- Pay the processing fee (free to subscribers).
- CE for this event expires on 1-31-2020. The expiration date for awarding contact
hours is 60 days after participating in the webinar.
NurseTim, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.