Faculty and Curriculum
Assessment & Exams
Lab & Clinical Education
...for individuals$349 for individuals
...for departmentsAll full-time, part-time, adjunct, and preceptors
Opioid Addictions: Action Steps for Nurses
Live: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 @ 10:30 am CT
- Describe the role of the nurse in the assessment of pain, including use of screening tools.
- Comprehend nursing’s role in recognizing and responding to opioid sedation, overdose, addiction, and withdrawal.
- Explore alternative interventions for pain relief beyond opioid use as a part of the overall patient treatment plan.
- Consider essential action steps when teaching the patient and family about opioid safety and addiction.
Lisa Fite, MSN, RN, CCRN-K, ACNS-BC
Lisa Fite is a Clinical Nurse Specialist at IU Health University Hospital. Lisa’s areas of expertise include pain management, critical care and solid organ transplant. She is a member of the Indiana Collation for patient safety; local and national NACNS and CIOCNS organization; ASPMN (local and national organization), and AACN (local and national organization). She has chaired the University Hospital interdisciplinary pain council since 2010. She has facilitated the spread several pain initiatives in collaboration with nursing, pharmacy, palliative care and acute pain service to impact pain management at the facility and system level.
[Lisa's other events]
Susan Hendricks, EdD, RN, CNE
Dr. Susan Hendricks has been a nurse since 1983, receiving a BSN from the University of North Dakota and an MSN from the University of Wisconsin, and has specialized in community mental health nursing. As an IU faculty member Dr. Hendricks has focused her academic career on curriculum, evaluation, student success, and the study of innovation in nursing education. In recent years she has taken on increasing leadership roles, including evaluation director, assistant dean, and chair of the IU statewide curriculum committee that developed the RN to BSN curriculum. Currently the associate dean for undergraduate programs at IUPUI, Dr. Hendricks has engaged faculty in planning and implementing an exciting new concept- and competency-based curriculum.
[Susan's other events]
FREE for subscription members or$99.00 per login or
$159.00 departmental login
$10.00* Get contact hours free!
Contact hours are free with all new and renewing subscribers. NurseTim, Inc. offers an annual subscription service to groups and individuals. This service gives subscribers unlimited access to all our live and archived webinars. per CE certificate
- Attend the entire activity.
- Submit a completed evaluation tool.
- Pay the processing fee (free to subscribers).
- CE for this event expires on 4-30-2020. The expiration date for awarding contact
hours is 60 days after participating in the webinar.
NurseTim, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.