Faculty and Curriculum
Assessment & Exams
Lab & Clinical Education
...for individuals$349 for individuals
...for departmentsAll full-time, part-time, adjunct, and preceptors
Nursing Theory: Making it Real for Graduate and Undergraduate Students
featuring Donna Taliaferro, RN, PhD, COI
- Discuss how theory-based practice improves patient care.
- Describe how nursing is conceptualized in theory.
- Evaluate the role of middle range theories, grand theories, and practice theories within nursing care.
- Describe strategies to successfully integrate concepts of nursing theory into the undergraduate and graduate curriculum.
Donna Taliaferro, RN, PhD, COI
Dr. Taliaferro is an experienced educator and researcher. She has been a nurse for 43 years and in higher education for 40 years. Her BSN is from Murray State University, MSN from Medical College of GA (new name now) and PhD from Texas Woman’s University. She began teaching PhD students in 1995 and DNP students in 2008. Several foundations and NIH have funded her research. The focus of her research has been HIV/AIDS, compassion and empathy in nursing and peer led education. For the last 10 years the research has been international in Africa, Honduras and Finland. She has published in many different journals and presents both nationally and internationally on her work. She holds certification in online teaching and enjoys the engagement within the online environment. She has taught theory development, theory construction and theory analysis.
[Donna's other events]
FREE for subscription members or$99.00 per login or
$159.00 departmental login
$10.00* Get contact hours free!
Contact hours are free with all new and renewing subscribers. NurseTim, Inc. offers an annual subscription service to groups and individuals. This service gives subscribers unlimited access to all our live and archived webinars. per CE certificate
- Attend the entire activity.
- Submit a completed evaluation tool.
- Pay the processing fee (free to subscribers).
- CE for this event expires on 3-31-2020. The expiration date for awarding contact
hours is 60 days after participating in the webinar.
NurseTim, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.