Faculty and Curriculum
Assessment & Exams
Lab & Clinical Education
...for individuals$349 for individuals
...for departmentsAll full-time, part-time, adjunct, and preceptors
Best Practices in Incorporating Standardized Testing in a Nursing Education Program
Live: Thursday, April 26, 2018 @ 1:00 pm CT
- Describe various ways that standardized tests are used in undergraduate nursing programs.
- Identify similarities and differences in custom versus generic content-specific tests.
- Discuss methods for using aggregate student scores from standardized tests to evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum.
- Discuss how a testing committee can be employed to advise faculty on testing product selection, administration practices, post-test review procedures, and testing policies used across the program.
Ainslie T. Nibert, PhD, RN, FAAN
Ainslie Nibert is a nationally-recognized expert in nursing curriculum, testing and measurement. She currently serves as Associate Dean/Associate Professor, Texas Woman’s University College of Nursing – Houston, and as a corporate consultant to nursing academic and clinical practice organizations. She previously served as Senior Vice President and General Manager for Review and Testing/HESI, at Elsevier, Inc. Dr. Nibert, a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing, earned a baccalaureate degree in nursing from Texas Christian University, a master’s degree in nursing from the University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston, and a PhD in nursing from Texas Woman’s University. A member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, she is a former Faculty Advisor for the Nurse Faculty Leadership Academy, and a Virginia Henderson Fellow.
[Ainslie's other events]
Karin J. Sherrill, RN, MSN, CNE, CHSE, ANEF, FAADN
Karin is committed to student success, faculty development, and teaching innovation in nursing education. Her greatest passions include integration of technologies, active learning, simulation, transition to practice, and continually working to build the perfect teacher-made exam. She is faculty at Maricopa Community Colleges in Phoenix, AZ, and adjunct faculty at Upper Iowa University. She holds several committee, chair, and president positions on the local, state and national level. She is learning to survive being an empty nester and enjoys volunteering in Haiti with her family.
[Karin's other events]
FREE for subscription members or$99.00 per login or
$159.00 departmental login
$10.00* Get contact hours free!
Contact hours are free with all new and renewing subscribers. NurseTim, Inc. offers an annual subscription service to groups and individuals. This service gives subscribers unlimited access to all our live and archived webinars. per CE certificate
- Attend the entire activity.
- Submit a completed evaluation tool.
- Pay the processing fee (free to subscribers).
- CE for this event expires on 4-30-2020. The expiration date for awarding contact
hours is 60 days after participating in the webinar.
NurseTim, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.